Ortu Corringham Primary School became a new Academy on the 1st October 2013 and is part of The Ortu Federation, and as such all previous data is now not applicable to the new school.
Ortu Corringham Primary School had its Ofsted Inspection on 23rd and 24th November 2016.
The Headteacher of Ortu Corringham Primary School said, “We are really proud of the improvement in the school in such a short time. All the staff, parents and children have worked very hard to achieve this improvement. I am delighted that the report has highlighted where we have achieved a GOOD rating IN EVERY AREA and am particularly proud that Ofstead made the following comment "The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding." Together, we will work to continue to improve our school even further because 'better never stops' to achieve 'THE BEST THAT WE CAN BE!'"
This is a good school:
- The headteacher is passionate about improving the opportunities for the pupils in this school. Her commitment and vision have been fundamental to the rapid improvement of the school. She is ably supported by her deputy headteacher.
- Teachers are conscientious and keen to improve their teaching. Teaching is now good.
- Learning support assistants are effective in supporting pupils in their learning. They work closely with teachers in the classroom.
- Phonics teaching is strong. Attainment at the end of key stage 1 has improved consistently.
- Pupils’ attainment has improved since the previous inspection. Pupils read, write and solve mathematical problems confidently.
- Pupils make good progress in a range of subjects.
- Pupils are happy and enjoy school. Pupils’ behaviour is good around the school and in lessons.
- Support for pupils who have special educational needs and/or disabilities is highly effective and nurturing. Their progress is carefully monitored and as a result they are thriving.
- Pupils, parents and staff all agree that the school provides a safe learning environment. Safeguarding procedures are effective.
- The school’s work to support pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding. Pupils receive high-quality support during periods to overcome barriers to learning.
- The early years provision is good. Children in Nursery and Reception make good progress because they are provided with interesting and engaging learning activities.
- The school provides an interesting curriculum that makes strong provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Governors and trustees are committed to ensuring that the school provides a good standard of education. They provide a balance of support and challenge to senior leaders.
- Middle leaders are hard-working and keen to improve standards within the school.
Full Ofsted Report
Please use the link below to access the full Ofsted report and select the inspection date of 23rd November 2016. View Ofsted Report
Inclusion Quality Mark
Please use the link below to read the full report on our Inclusion Quality Mark.
Ofsted Parent View
Please click on the link below to complete your survey.