Speech & Language Enhanced Provision
The Services Philosophy Statement is:-
“To provide a high quality service to all individuals who have a disorder of communication or a related problem in order that they may achieve their full potential, exercise choices, interact appropriately with others and manage their lives as independently as possible.
Our Purpose is:-
“To provide a wide range of high quality community care services which will enable people to lead as independent a life as possible and have meaningful choices.”
We work closely with NHS Speech Therapy Services
It is our Aim;
- To become a centre of excellence in Speech & Language Provision and to enforce our belief that it will support the development of creative, well-motivated and confident learners who are competent and capable within the world in which they live
- To raise pupil’s attainment across each Key Stage through provision of a broad, effective and reasonably adjusted curriculum from ages 5 – 11
- To ensure that SLU students are supported in each subject and despite barriers to learning can expect to perform as well as their peers
- To contribute to the school’s wider teaching and learning programme in an environment in which all students can realise their full potential and develop morally and spiritually
- To enrich student’s school experience by delivering inspiring and challenging lessons throughout Key Stage 1 & 2.
- Maintain existing and develop community links
- Provide opportunities for pupils to experience a broad range of skills and cultures through educational visits and field trips regardless of disability
Information for prospective parents
For further information regarding our Speech and Language Enhanced provision, please click here.
If you would like further information on our admissions assessment criteria, please click here.
If you would like further advice please contact the Special Educational Needs team at Thurrock Council on 01375 652555
Speech & Language Link Parent Portal
Please use the below link to access resources for your child to aid their learning at home.