What We Do
Within SLEP we have 2 speech therapists and a Specialist Speech and Language Teacher. We also have a specialist Speech and Language Assistant. Together, alongside your child’s year group team, we support your child’s speech and/or language needs. We do this in a variety of ways:
- Working with the child in their classroom
- Carrying out small group interventions
- Paired work
- Individual speech therapy
- Advising, supporting and supplying appropriate resources for your child’s class teacher
- Continually assessing the child’s needs and tracking progress.
In addition to supporting your child, we will also enable you to help your child at home. We do this through;
- Parent’s evenings in addition to the meeting you will have with your child’s class teacher.
- Coffee mornings where parents can meet together to support one another.
- Parent information sessions where we explain types of therapies and interventions used to support your child.
- Target setting and progress meetings.
- An annual EHC review.